13 February 2007

MORE SNOW!!!!

This makes four feet total we've gotten this year (roughly)! And we're out in the plains. Woohoo! Winter Park, here I come! This has got to be a great skiing & snowboarding year. I wish we could go so much. I don't like the cold, but if the cold comes with something neat like skiing, it's well worth it.

On other fronts, we've got two speech and debate tournaments coming up really soon. I'm so excited! My duo is going to be a blast. I'm not really looking forward to impromptu, but I'll bet I can pull it off. As for debate, we're set! Sometimes at club, I find myself really not wanting to debate. But then when we're in the round, I ask myself, "What were you thinking?? This is great!" Debate is awesome.

Public speaking is awesome too. I just don't like all the funny looks we get when we say that a) we're homeschooled and b) we're competing in speech and debate. People look at us sideways...kind of like, "Ahhh...they really need socialization, don't they?" Argh! What is their problem??? We're not socially inept morons with negative IQs! We're talking to them, aren't we? Of course, that may be not be a sign of intelligence....

But I digress. I'm glad to be updating. I'll close on this note:

Carry me
I'm just a dead man
Lying on the carpet
Can't find a heart beat
Make me breathe
I want to be a new man
Tired of the old one
Out with the old plan
-Jars of Clay, Dead Man (Carry Me)

No comments: